As we are all aware, English is an important language at workplace. One cannot communicate well and do his job accurately if one is poor in using English. English has becoming even more important in today’s work environment especially when we are working in a multi-cultural environment.
When we fail to communicate effectively in English, misunderstanding, conflict, politics, unnecessary ill feelings and even technical problems can occur leading to accidents. Organisation suffers financial loss and staff morale is affected. These problems can all be avoided if EVERYONE learns how to communicate well using English.
MODULE 1 – THE NEED AND IMPORTANCE OF ENGLISH
- Why English?
- Why English at work?
- How English can help in your career?
- How English can solve your problems at work and in life?
MODULE 2 – STARTING A CONVERSATION USING ENGLISH
- 10 steps to build your confidence in using English
- 100 positive keywords to use in your daily conversation
- The PREP structure to making a simple speech or story
- Fast track formula in using English right after training
Activity 1: participants will be making 1 speech after this module. The video will be given to them for self-learning
MODULE 3 – WRITING IN ENGLISH
- How to build your vocabulary in 30 days
- Understanding the use of past tense, present tense and etc
- Understand the right use of grammar
- Samples to write simple reports, memo, letters, note or any work related document at workplace
MODULE 4 – LISTENING SKILL
- How to listen well and effectively
- Understand the meaning of conversation or certain word
- Understanding the meaning of 100 commonly used words at workplace
- Clarifying details during conversation
Activity 2: participants will be making 1 speech after this module. The video will be given to them for self-learning
MODULE 5 – MAKING A SPEECH IN ENGLISH
- Say what you mean in your own style
- Practice the simple greetings everyday
- 20 most common greetings at work
- Present your ideas in English
Activity 3: participants will be making 1 speech after this module. The video will be given to them for self-learning
MODULE 6 – SELF LEARNING TOOLS
- 7 Strategies to learning English at your own pace after training
- Mastering English in 1 year using the aid of newspaper, social media, radio and television
- Looking for meaning for any word in English
- Translating from BM to English and vice versa
- How to use physical and digital dictionary
- How to use pictures and words for better memory
There will be a short questionnaire to be given to all participants before the training. All questionnaires must be given back to the trainer at least 7 days prior to the training.
- Facilitator’s Demo
- Participants’ Participation
- Critique by fellow participants
- Games And Debrief
- Group Discussion
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Video presentation by participant and trainer
The participants will receive their speech presentation in a DVD format so that they can re-use and revise all lessons learnt after the training.